Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Baking Interuptus

I love to bake!  Yes, I like to cook, but baking has always been my relaxation, my creativity.  I was talking to Brandy at my doctor's office last week about how much I was looking forward to baking.  I have bags of flour, sugar, chocolate chips, tons of butter and margarine, peppermint candies and fruit to do my baking.  I was supposed to start last week, but couldn't seem to get motivated to do it.  It happened again this weekend.  And Monday is my treat day at work.  Good thing I bought meat,cheese, olives, chips and salsa.  The only thing I''ve made is my "polar bear crunch," which is popcorn and pretzels drizzled with fudge.

Why can't I get motivated to do my baking?  I think it's Dr. B's fault here in Pierre.  When he removed my gall bladder last year, he accidentally removed my love of sweets.  I don't care if I eat candy, cookies, or even chocolate.  I just have no taste for it now.  How could that be?  I've always been a big fan of those things.  Now? Not so much. I'd rather make some cards, watch a movie, read a book, or even take a nap.  Choosing napping over chocolate?  How crazy is that?!  It could also be that I'm very tired.  I haven't slept well in nearly a month thanks to the pump in the manhole out in front of my place.  I've been assured by the City that is would be gone and those hole closed up the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.  Then this past Friday--they would call me if it wasn't going to be done.  Guess what?  Not done, and no call!  Color me surprised.  I guess I shouldn't expect too much when I had to provide them with the date of discovery of the sink hole since they forgot to write it down to include on the FEMA paperwork.  This is the oversight provided by our wonderful mayor.  I'm thinking I'll vote vote anyone that runs against her.  She and I have had out issues anyway, so it's not much of a shock that I feel this way.

I did make a big pot of chili today.  The old-fashioned way even--simmering half the day on the stove rather than in the crock pot.  It sure was good!  Well, I'm finally feeling tired and finding it hard to keep my eyes open, so I'd best head off to bed.  G'night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment