Tuesday, December 20, 2011

What is that noise?

I had to run home at noon to grab a pan of stuffing.  While I was there I heard the oddest sound.  Much like "The Night Before Christmas," I sprang to the window to see what was the matter!  Trucks.  Pickups, not construction in variety.  SUVs, and cars!  How, when, what?  It couldn't be!!  The street was open.  I looked further.  All the bypass lines were gone.  No silent generator.  No road blocks.  Totally and completely open.  My Christmas wish had come true!  Oh joy!  Oh happy day!

Ok, enough exclamation points.  Time for another recipe.  Last week we got a meat and cheese tray from SDN Communications for the holidays.  One of the dips on it was good.  Zesty.  Zingy.  I couldn't immediately identify the taste.  I asked if it was horseradish.  Yes!  What--I don't like horseradish.  Well, in some forms I apparently do.  It was so tasty that I had to try recreating it.  And I did pretty darn good at it.  So here it is:

Horseradish Spread

2 (8 ounce) package. cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
1 teaspoon brown mustard
3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 small jar Inglehoffer’s Extra Creamy Prepared Horseradish
1/4 teaspoon ground sea salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
3 Tablespoons chopped chives

Mix all ingredients and beat together until smooth.  Make at least one day ahead.  Store in a covered container in refrigerator.  Serve with crackers, vegetables, or your favorite dippable!

0 comments:

Post a Comment