Friday, December 16, 2011

Happy 1/2 Birthday 'Little Stinky!'

Yesterday was the 6 month anniversary (1/2 birthday) of the discovery of the sinkhole on Missouri Avenue in front of my apartment.  It you go to the post with the flood photos, you'll see the sinkhole from discovery to excavation.  Well, I was tired of the constant noise from the bypass pump's generator.  I'd been told it would be finished several times a week, beginning with the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.  After a month of getting nothing but the runaround, and a complete lack of sleep, I told the City to get it done or put me up in a nice hotel since my health couldn't take much more of that.

The generator was still running yesterday morning.  I ordered a 1/2 birthday cake from Wal-Mart.  Yes, to answer your question, they did think I was crazy.  But it was yummy and much enjoyed by my co-workers.  Although the horseradish spread on the meat and cheese tray from SDN wasn't the best accompaniment ever.  I took the cake's picture.  I sent it to the City.  They called to tell me the generator was shut off at 4 PM.  I couldn't comprehend the silence when I got home.  I kept nodding off.  Had to schlep back to work to reset some dialing.  Went home, ate dinner, went to bed.  Even having to get up several times during the night didn't keep me awake because there was no noise.  Just blessed silence!  So, here is 'Little Stinky' the sewer cake (yeah, not the best name for sure):

Little Stinky is 6 months old!

0 comments:

Post a Comment