Friday, December 9, 2011

Pierre Still Filling Sinkholes

Here is the sinkhole in front of my apartment building.  (Just click the link below).  You can see the corner of a cedar building in a couple of shots.  It's already much smaller than it was, but still not filled. I was guaranteed the bypass pump would be gone yesterday.  It's still pumping noisily away out there!  And the city doesn't bother to return calls for updates.  According to the news story, they hope to have it filled by next week.  I've already been boiling water since the 5th!  Ok, I don't actually drink the nasty Pierre water, but I use it for cooking, and I have laundry to do.  I don't want murky brown whiles!  And I had to rinse my grapes with bottled water on Wednesday.  They have until Thursday next week--otherwise I'm getting out the Christmas lights to cover everything out there.

Pierre Still Filling Sinkholes

0 comments:

Post a Comment