Wednesday, December 14, 2011

For Dr. A.

I saw my local doctor today, and we had a couple of laughs.  When I was in the hospital in September, Dr. A. assured me that they did not use monkey livers or other parts for transplants after I was a bit out of it with the encephalopathy.  Well, Dr. P. made a comment about transplants coming down to getting the right parts when they need them.  I reminded him that they could always try the monkey parts.  He said one of his patients having neck work done wanted to know if he'd be able to play the piano after surgery.  Sure Dr. P. told him.  The patient said good--he'd always wanted to be able to.  Maybe if they tried an organ grinder monkey part he could!  Wrong organ, said Dr. P.

And just as an FYI--I've now allowed that sock monkeys are cute.  But they are the ONLY monkeys I want to see or hear about.  Still hate all other monkeys.  I don't care if monkey DNA is only about 2% different than human DNA (thanks, Dr. P.).  My wish for the holidays is that anyone tormenting me with monkeys grows a monkey tail.  A long, ugly, smelly one!  That itches.  A lot.

Had some blood work done, so I should have the results in a few days.  But everything seems to be going well.  The reduction in the dosage of lactulose seems to be working just fine, and I'm not so yucky feeling from it now.  Here's hoping that I'm still about a 15 on the MELD score.  I'll have to check with Milwaukee after they get the fax.

0 comments:

Post a Comment