Sunday, January 27, 2013

Numbers, Diagnoses, and Substitute Puppies

Forgot to include in the last post that my MELD score is now 22, which is up 2 points in a week.  Most of that is attributable to the worsening of my kidney function, and a 1.7 point jump in my bilirubin.  Apparently I now have a lovely yellow shade to my skin.  I'm accustomed to doing everything I could to get the number down.  Now we want it to stay there, or go up a couple points to improve my chances of getting a liver more quickly.

I also had to take the orders back to the prep room for my paracentesis on Friday.  All of the diagnoses were listed there.  I knew the non-alcoholic cirrhosis and hepatic encephalopathy.  But also listed were large volume ascites (the fluid in my legs and abdomen), portal hypertension, and renal failure.  That was kind of surprising.

Oh well, I hope the tap on Friday goes better then this last one.  Fingers crossed . . .

Last night, mom and dad were talking about relaxing since they didn't have to let Shiloh out.  Then they immediately admitted that they missed the little brat.  I brought along a stuffed puppy that my grandma made to make me smile on bad days.  So I shared him with dad.  Here are dad and his substitute puppy:

0 comments:

Post a Comment