Monday, January 7, 2013

Farewell, Pierre!

Well, I am about as ready as I can be to leave tomorrow. Between 5:45 and 6:00 AM.  I can only take 2 suitcases and a bag on the shuttle with me.  Everything else I have to hope the movers will be able to bring on Saturday.  So hope for good weather.  Keep hoping for Sunday, so that we can leave for Milwaukee.  I think we have taken care of everything we could possibly need to arrange for being gone.  I have to go to the bank in Madison to give them a copy of my ID so that my account is ready.  I also have to sign the leave for the apartment that I will not be able to move into for several months.  But can't do that from here in Pierre.  I actually feel so tired, that I don't even know how tired I am.  Most likely, I will feel that as soon as we get to mom and dad's and I crash on the sofa.  Even the psycho dog won't bother me tomorrow.  For now, need to unplug the TV and put the bubble wrap on it so the movers can just pick it up and put it on the truck. 

I do have some pictures of Milwaukee--courtesy of Google Earth.  So, here is the house where we will be staying and some of the area attractions:

The house on 30th Street, with the hospital in the background.  Guess
that means we'll be hearing lots of sirens and helicopters!

Real bagels just 3 blocks away.  YUMMY!

Bucket List--eat at Chipotle. Cilantro lime rice, the yummy marinated
chicken breast, and a nice warm tortilla.  Maybe just a light smear of mild salsa.

OK, it's actually the No. 1 Chinese Restaurant, but the post is
blocking the 1, so it just looks like "NO Chinese Restaurant."  Is it
even legal to have a strip mall with no Chinese restaurant in it?

I loved the Walgreen's sign right at the turn in to Wal-Mart.  We don't
even have to go out onto the main road to get there--about 3 blocks of
side streets and a cut through a parking lot.

Two places we will not be going.  No liquor stores, and NO Indian food!

Good night, and good bye Pierre!  I will miss my friends, my little Nashers and Gogan buddies, DakotaMart, DakotaMart Pharmacy (Rob rocks!), Scrappin' Ladies, Hogen's Hardware Hank, Red Rossa, Dr. Plumage and Bobbi, and the crazy lefse ladies



0 comments:

Post a Comment