Saturday, January 5, 2013

Season of Change

I guess my New Year's resolution is accepting change.  No longer being able to work.  Moving from Pierre to Madison, and getting a new liver.  Next week I leave Pierre, and my belongings will be moved to mom and dad's spare garage.  I will stay with them for the few days before we head to Milwaukee to begin the final prep testing for my transplant.  My numbers have remained elevated for long enough now that they would like me to be in Milwaukee should a liver with my blood/tissue match be available.

Check the box when you renew your driver's license, and
make sure your family knows of your wishes.


My apartment in Madison will be available the first part of February.  My stuff may move into it, but I won't be for a while. I will be hospitalized for several weeks, then remain in Milwaukee for observation for a while before going home.  I will have to stay with mom and dad for a bit until the doctors feel I am able to take care of myself without monitoring.

So, here is what my apartment will look like, courtesy of dad's nifty camera work (really--pictures of the closets but not the bedrooms?) and mom's debut as a Price is Right model/Vanna White wanna-be.  Thanks for running over there to do that; I do appreciate it. But I wouldn't be your daughter if I didn't give you at least a little grief.

The kitchen--view 1
 
The kitchen--view 2
 
 
The kitchen--view 3 with Vanna White Hair (mom) showing the pantry.
 
Vanna holding up the wall
 
Living room
 
Private laundry!
 
Master bedroom closet
 
One of the bedrooms
 
Closet in guest room a/k/a the "craft" room"
 
Stay tunes for exciting (or not so exciting) updates from the move and the trip to Milwaukee.  There will be NO surgery pictures taken or posted, so you can open your eyes now, Brandy!
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment