Sunday, May 13, 2012

I heard it through the Grapevines!

Anyone that knows me knows I have an obsession with all red licorice.  Ok, it isn't really licorice since it has a strawberry or cherry flavor.  In fact, I'm not a big fan of black licorice and it's taste at all.  And the Hershey's Chocolate Twizzlers my mother likes?  Bleck!  Twuey!  They shouldn't exist.  That being said, I did buy her some for mother's day.  I can overlook my personal tastes for others.

I ran to Walgreen's to get a cold Cool Blue Gatorade, since it was something I craved, and I can have it.  On the way to the coolers, I was led astray.  One of my favorite red licorice brands is American Licorice Company's Red Vines.  Sitting on top of the red vines were--Purple Grape Twists!  I hadn't been impressed by the grape Twizzlers, so I thought for a minute.  Then I squeezed the bag.  Soft.  Chewy.  The potential to return the grape licorice gloriana of my childhood was too strong.  I had to buy them.  But not for $2.49 when the shelf tag said $2.19.  The checker checked--and I was right.  Oh, grape glory, you are mine!  So, here is what they look like:


Notice that they are free of preservatives and ALWAYS fat free.  Not so bad as treats go.


How do they taste?  Well, I haven't opened the bag yet--choosing to share the moment live with you. Ready?  Opening bag.  Somewhat grapey smell.  It is an artificial flavor after all, and the base product has a wonderful chewy plastic quality.  Pulling out a vine.  Great grape, this is fabulous!  If only I could somehow let you taste this for yourself!  I would--I would share the vast bounty of grapaciousness with you.  According to the website, they have a cherry flavor, too.  Strawberry, cherry, and grape!  Plus the boring black.   

 Ok, it is now time to go.  I must go eat another purple grape twist!

0 comments:

Post a Comment