Thursday, May 10, 2012

Forgive me, Doctor

Forgive me, doctor, for I have sinned.  I had culinary thoughts.  And deeds.  And for that, I now pay.  My MELD score has been running a pretty stable 15 since the end of September.  I thought I had it licked, and I could cheat now and then with no consequences.  Wrong!  Today they told me my score had gone up to 17.  I thought my BUN and creatinine levels were about where they had been, so it must be the INR.  Apparently my recent bad behavior has caught up with me.

Burger King's new chicken strips are good.  And only a block away.  It's so easy to zip through there for a quick grab lunch or dinner.  I've started baking lots of treats for work again.  Not such a problem, but I've been eating them.  I had Pringles.  I ate the little rye crisps like you get in a bag of Ghardetto's.  I drank strawberry and grape Fanta like I'd been on a dessert island and dying of thirst.  I ate popsicles.  A lot of them.  I guess it's time to go back to nothing but water and Gatorade, my chicken salad sandwiches, plain boneless and skinless chicken breasts rather then the yummy bake and serve chicken Cordon bleu.  A few boneless turkey breast sandwiches and some pasta or cucumber salad.  And natural applesauce, pineapple, and apples to eat.  Hurry up and ripen cantaloupe and watermelon.  Grapes go down in price to less than the cost of a gallon of gas.

Basically, it's time for me to shape up since I don't want to ship out (although I did get a cool new Jeep swivel suitcase).  I don't like being stuck being so good, but I have to do it.  So Doctors E, A, C, K, M, and P, you will see my score lower next month.  I guarantee it.  Think I have enough docs?  I'm sure at least one of them will take me to task for the soda weight and the increased MELD score.  Dang it! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment