Saturday, May 12, 2012

Cute Diaper Cards

We recently had a baby shower for Stephanie at work.  I'm not impressed by most cards sold at retail, so I tend to make my own.  So I looked for ideas to make a cute shower card, and came across this template for a "diaper" card that could be made with only a little paper and whatever verse or invitation (or even for baby "thank you" cards).  Everyone loved it, so I showed it to Lynne at the scrapbook store.  I made a couple for her from the new FabScraps "Vintage Baby" line of paper she had just gotten in.  The turned out so cute!  I've listed the paper and supplies for each card below the picture.  Obviously unmentioned are a scissors and the tape runner (ThermoWeb XL permanent) used for the project.  You could add whatever embellishments you want to make them fancy.  These just give an idea of the base project.  I had to figure out the construction myself since the template really didn't have any instructions.  Everything I used is available at my local scrapbook store, Scrappin' Ladies.

Inside of the card for a little boy.

Inside of the boy card with a white "placeholder" there you could put a verse,
invitation information, or write your thank you.

Outside of the boys' card, with a bow made of 2" ivory silk ribbon.

The girls' diaper, with the same ribbon bow.  The inside is a little
baby asleep in an upside-down umbrella.  By cutting carefully on
both papers, I was able to preserve the large images of the teddy
bear and diaper pin on the reverse sides, so they could be used
for other cards, or as decoration in a scrapbook.

The original card, made from the cotton candy-type pink"Dotted Swiss" paper
from Bazzill.  The bow on this is the 2" pink silk, with a narrow band of
"It's a Girl" printed pink ribbon in the back to hide where the scalloped edge
is taped to the diaper base.

Here you can see the card with the side flaps open.  They insert into
side slits cut in the front of the diaper, through which the ribbon is
inserted to make the bow.  The bow is decorative only--not functional.

Great gift card holder!



The verse I put in baby Milena's card:

Ten little fingers, ten perfect toes.
Daddy's eyes and mommy's nose.
I'm the cutest baby you ever did see.
Can't you wait until you can meet me?

Just remember Steph--having Milena on the 24th would be a great birthday present for me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment