Thursday, May 24, 2012

Happy Birthday Dr. E! and A New Liver for my Birthday?

Today was my birthday, and my hepatolagist's birthday.  So I made him a card.  Weird, I know, but what the heck!  I do a lot of coloring with my Copic markers, and took a class recently where we learned a technique to color on glitter in outline stickers.  So I did that for the front of the card, and used some papers from BoBunny's Sweet Tooth collection that I'd been saving for the right use, and a little American Crafts glitter tape.  Unfortunately the picture doesn't show the sparkle of the glitter, but you get the idea.  Here it is:




And I got a new liver for my birthday!  Well, kind of.  My co-workers decided to bring a ton of treats for my birthday, and the cake was made to resemble a liver.  Too funny!



Look--it even has a biliary artery and portal vein!  Gotta love Google images I guess .  . .

And I finally got to do a liver support group meeting on Tuesday.  Nice to "meet" you ladies, even if it was just over the phone.  I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.  I took the day off to play at the scrapbook store, so I'll had a four-day work week this week, now four days off, then four days working, two off, then three on, and four off.  It's nice when the timing works out that way!  But, now it's time to go to bed.  Figure out a strategy to keep the city from putting the entertainment state and carnival on the street in front of my apartment since part of the park is closed for repairs to the causeway.  Who says you can't fight city hall?

0 comments:

Post a Comment