Saturday, November 19, 2011

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

It started snowing last night, and kept up for about 12 hours.  We're guessing about 6" total.  So what did I do after getting up this morning?  Make snow angels?  Throw some snow balls?  Nope! I shoveled.  Cleared a path to the alley so I could walk in the tire tracks, then went to the office to clear some parking areas for the staff to park this morning.  I got quite a bit of help, though.  Thanks April, Junior, Corwin, and Blake!

And how do I feel after shoveling?  Hungry and invigorated!  Love the endorphins from the exertion.  I made sure not to overdo, then took some time to rest and drink some water.  Now I'm going to go peel, cook, and mash five pounds of potatoes to make lefse for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It is a Norwegian thing--kind of like a potato tortilla.  Just spread some butter on it, sprinkle with a little white sugar, roll up, and eat!  There IS no other way to  eat lefse.  No brown sugar, cinnamon, or jam.  That's almost a crime against lefsedom!  It is a bit of work, but definitely worth it.  The holidays just aren't the holidays without lefse.  Kind of like Thanksgiving with no turkey or canned cranberry sauce.

But for now, it's time for a bit of a nap piled under my big bunch of blankets.  It's COLD outside.  Thank goodness for tie dyed long johns to keep me warm outside!

0 comments:

Post a Comment