Monday, September 12, 2011

Welcome!

I had to find something to keep my brain occupied (other than thinking about getting a transplant of a monkey liver--more on that another time!), so I figured I'd blog.  Probably a totally worthless activity, but at least it gives me a place to jot down things I'm thinking about, experiences, resources for other transplant or liver disease patients, and to keep in touch with friends I'm away from during all of this.  So here goes . . .

Today I'm tired.  I couldn't get to sleep.  Once I finally did fall asleep, it was good.  But I wake up several times during the night to use the restroom.  I slept really well Saturday night--nice and warm.  Thursday and Friday nights I slept little and was cold and uncomfortable due to "liver flats" or myoclonus spasms that cause my leg and hand/arm to jerk.  There are many reasons for this to happen--mine is tied to the cold.  Not that it was cold yesterday.  I would call 90 degrees pretty warm for mid-September.  But I get cold.  All the time.  When I could work, I would wear a fleece jacket and still be cold.  So I'd drag out the fleece blanket for extra warmth while sitting at my desk.  I figured I needed to be warmer at night to stop the spasms.  So I have one sheet, one thermal blanket, one bedspread, two purloined Delta airlines blankets (they owed me for having to sleep in the airport last October), and a fuzzy fleece Christmas blanket.  No fans or ceiling fans.  I actually have to roll the covers to move them off.  But to sleep, I roll back on the blankets, then forward, creating a cocoon for extra warmth.  It worked.

I suppose I'd better figure out how to save this thing before lunch time.  Egg salad on a whole wheat pita.  Good protein, not too many carbs.  And made with little or no salt, good for me.  I may even post some of my healthy recipes on here from time to time.  And maybe some not-so-healthy things that I wish I could eat or that friends keep asking for.  The pecan pie cake recipe?  Not likely gonna be here--sorry Paula, James, April and Juanita!  So, bye for now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment