Wednesday, September 14, 2011

100.5

So, what is 100.5?  Nope, not running a temperature.  Not listening to KIKN Country radio, either.  The temperature outside?  Not likely, since it's an unbelievable 45 degrees this morning!  It was 90 on Sunday and Monday.  Half that temp now?  Brrrrrr . . .

Nope, the significance of 100.5 is that before my gall bladder was removed not quite a year and a half ago, I had puffed up in weight.  Nothing I did diet-wise helped.  I just kept ballooning.  I lost about 80 pounds from the time the gall bladder was removed until I got sick in June.  Then I started puffing up again.  Put back on 20 pounds.  Well, as of this morning, that old 20 pounds plus another 20.5 pounds are gone!  I feel great today, and had a couple of good days.  Yesterday I did quite a bit and still felt good and slept well.  Except for that hour I spent at 1 AM watching Overhaulin'.  Chip Foose is kind of a short guy, but he's pretty funny.

Today we go to Sioux Falls so mom can pick up her special shoes (not brown shoos like they wear on the colony) but white sneaker kind.  I have to go to the bank, and then we're off to Super Waldo's to pick up a few things.  Maybe I'll get lucky and find a pair of cheap jeans that will stay up without suspenders.  It's bad when you have your cell phone on vibrate in your pocket, but your jeans are so baggy that you don't even realize that it went off.  Even my sweats are baggy!

Off in search of a cup of hot cocoa or something warm (maybe just some fuzzy socks on my feet).  Definitely wearing lots of fleece today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment