Friday, September 23, 2011

Salt-Free Cooking

Cooking with little or no salt can be a challenge.  Last year I stumbled upon a website that sells many different seasoning blends with no salt (sodium cloride) or potassium cloride (check the label on Lawry's salt-free seasonings and many of the Mrs. Dash blends--they contain potassium cloride).  I ordered a couple of them, and they are DELICIOUS!  I don't have to keep tons of other herbs and spices in my cabinet.  Mostly I just grab my bottles of Benson's.  Whether it's a replacement for salt at the table, or if you're into hunting fowl or big game, they've got something for everyone.  Ordering a combo-pack can save a few dollars, too.  Their service is great, and they have a recipes section on their website.  My parents love them, too (Mom is salt-restricted due to a heart condition).  Check them out in your favorite recipes and enjoy the results!

Benson's Gourmet Seasonings

They're so good, I've even cooked salt-free and taken it to work.  No one knew until I told them!  Try using the Bravada with a little Gusto in Stuffed Peppers.  Super yummy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment