Friday, September 23, 2011

Good Appointment at the Doctor

I went to see Dr. E., my hepatologist, yesterday, and it was a good day.  All of my numbers were stable, and my albumin was finally normal.  It hasn't been since I don't know when.  So that was all great!  I'm going back home to Pierre tomorrow, and will be back at work on Monday.  My brain can't wait.  Of course, I'll have to go through Young and the Restless withdrawal again.

Even got to do a little shopping yesterday.  So now I'll have some sweaters and such that not everyone else in Pierre has.  With only four stores that sell clothes (Wal-Mart, K-Mart, JC Penney, and Christopher and Banks), it gets a little touchy not showing up in something that someone else wears.  No, I'm not including the teeny-bopper stores or the "couture" store since that's not my thing anyway.  I rarely even do Christopher and Banks since they apparently think that women are never taller than 5'6".  I don't like short pants, or tops that don't come to my waist.  I know there is online shopping, but for some reason, I just don't really get into buying things without trying them on first.

So today, I get to pack everything back into my bags and load it into the van so we can head home early.  I really hope they still have a Black Diamond watermelon at the stand in Forestburg.  Yum!  But only a little bit of that.  A nice small squash would be good, too.  Or maybe a smaller muskmelon.  Not one of those basketball sized ones again (although that was amazingly good).  And I have a pint of refrigerator dill pickles waiting for me when I get home.  My sweet neighbor Helen wanted a recipe for them, so I looked up a couple online and she said they turned out great.  Of course, I'll have to share those since I can't eat a lot of sodium.  Maybe home canned are better and have less sodium?  Can't wait to find out.

I may not be able to post for a few days after I get back home, since I had them suspend my online service at home while I was gone.  They should be able to just reactivate it since it was already paid for.  I'll have to check on Monday.  And I have to make the pecan pie cake next week as well.  The callers did an awesome job and hit their goal, so I guess they were motivated by a little baking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment