Thursday, March 28, 2013

Things I never want to hear again

1.  A doctor saying "We'll see you next week."
2.  A doctor saying "Be patient, your time is coming."
3.  Any medical person saying "It's all a part of the disease."
4.  The words "I understand how you feel" coming from medical/quasi-medical people. 

The waiting is about the hardest thing I have ever done.  I am not a patient person--so just being patient is impossible.  Part of the disease--swelling, itching, being cold, numbness, dizziness, sleeplessness.  And trust me, you do NOT understand how I, or any other person awaiting transplant feels.  No textbook can make you understand.  It's something I can really even explain the help someone understand.

I finally said I would try the anti-itch medication.  It took an hour to work, then worked for less than 2 hours.  The Benedryl gel works better!

And I found out that they can't remove my appendix when the do the transplant because of the area in which they are working and anesthesia issues.  Gall bladder, yet.  Appendix no,  I didn't want to worry about ever having my gut opened again if the appendix goes bad.  Oh, well.  So I consoled myself with a small cherry lime Icee.  YUM!

And Marquette won their game, so Milwaukee has gone crazy!  Oh, up 2 points on the MELD score this week.  At least it appears that the kidneys were not badly damaged with the little renal failure scare, and should fully recover after transplant,

0 comments:

Post a Comment