Sunday, March 10, 2013

Day 12

Yes, I have now been here (Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center) for 12 days.  Finally got dietary to come up with food I can eat without getting nauseous or vomiting (SORRY!).  They are concerned about my MELD and my creatnine. So we play with changing medications.  I have refused the belly shots that bruise and sting, since they really aren't necessary.  I take the other meds though.  My blood pressure has finally stabilized about 115/65 and no more of the 70/50 stuff.  But medicine to make your blood pressure go up?  I've never heard of that.  But at least I'm not light-headed and dizzy anymore.

I have been argumentative, crabby, whiny, and everything else.  Other than getting the food handled, it's done no good.  So, I changed my attitude today and stopped fighting everything and being belligerent.  As long as they leave my door closed so I stay warm, and the nurses stay quiet going into and out of their lounge across the hall, I will be a good girl.  I have accepted that I am sick and need to be here if the doctors think I do.  The only thing I will fuss about is if they say they are going to do dialysis, move me to ICU, then have Dr. Kramer change the plan.  If they suggest it, I will do it under the following conditions:

  1. My things get packed on the cart to move to ICU.
  2. ICU brings the bed here to transfer me to IR where they put in the line (oh, lovely sedation on this one).
  3. Then I am taken up to ICU to start the procedure.
Otherwise, I will likely not be such a good girl.

Mom and dad brought me some of my projects, so I will be making some more cards.  I finished loom crocheting a stocking cap today and gave it to the hospital for the Oncology department so a chemo patient can have some pride, privacy, and warmth. Someone that appreciates Dr. Seuss that is.  I think it looks rather Seussical--like something Thing 1 or Thing 2 would wear.  You judge:

Funky variegated yarn with a "Thing" on top

Another view that doesn't look so long!

Dinner:  Roast beef and Alpine Swiss on a tomato basil wrap, Terra Exotic Vegetable
chips, and fresh fruit.  I think I'm turning into a fruit plate--I got 4 of them today!

I did banish mom and dad from the hospital so they could stay home and rest or go do something different.  I got them easy, non-freeway directions to go to Red Lobster so they could use the gift card my sister gave them for their anniversary.  Biscuit binge!  Ok, time to put the feet up and get ready for bedtime meds.  Still freezing cold even with the warmed robe they brought.  Need to climb under those 5 blankies on my bed.  Nite nite!


0 comments:

Post a Comment