Thursday, March 14, 2013

Home at last . . . and other good news

I got to leave the hospital 2 days ago to return to "Liver House" as they call it at the hospital.  We were fortunate to get the only single-family home they have.  Tomorrow night we have invited the neighbors (Robin and Dwight) from Worthington, MN over for stir fry.  My challenge is to make it low sodium.  She brought over a cute basket for my "housewarming"--whenever I can go home.  Cute vintage kitchen towels in it.  They are getting as discouraged as we are, just sitting and waiting day after day.  I have been on standby once, and he's actually been prepped twice. 

Went to the doctor today, and my creatnine and INR were much improved.  The total bili was higher. All in all, my score dropped a couple points.  I'm not due yet for an update to UNOS, so I stay at the higher score for a while.  Double-edged sword.  While it's bad that I may move down the list, I also get to stave off the renal failure they were afraid might necessitate a liver and kidney transplant.  With a liver, you run 5 days of steroids.  With a kidney, you get steroids forever, puff up, and get that moon-faced look. 

Finally getting a little tires, so I hope I can go to sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment