Monday, February 18, 2013

Valentines!

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, and we're still sitting here in Milwaukee--waiting.  So we went to lunch at Famous Dave's BBQ for a treat.  And we went to KMart, Target, and Wal-Mart since it was a warm (41 degree) day and sunny.  Tomorrow is supposed to be snowy, and Friday is back to the doctor for the weekly appointment.  I'm thinking I won't need a paracentesis, but will wait until tomorrow afternoon to decide.

When I was in the hospital in September 2011, Dr. A (nicknamed Dr. Sunshine) had a heck of a job convincing me I wouldn't be given a monkey liver as a transplant.  Monkeys have creeped me out ever since.  I have decided that sock monkeys are cute.  So for Valentine's Day, mom and dad gave me a sock monkey that I have named Sunshine.  Here you go, Dr. A!



I bought mom and dad some flowers, and dad bought some for mom.  Nice and bright and spring-y looking.  I appreciate everything they have given up and put on hold to be here with me.

I also (partially to break the boredom, and partially because they are so awesome) put together this  Valentine basket for the nurse and support staff at the transplant clinic.  Everyone thought it was cute!
"Operation" bandages, lollipops, heart-shaped Snickers, Conversation hearts, and Dove dark chocolate as the filler.  Plus  a pile of free tickets to the Shrine Circus this coming weekend.  They came in the mail for a former occupant of the house, and were not able to be forwarded.  So we got them.  Since clowns are about the only thing as creepy as monkeys, I stuck them in the basket.


I also got a great Valentine postcard from my friends the Kings, who took a Presidents' Day vacation to Florida.  My little buddy Matthew (who has grown so much) and his sister Lolita wrote me a message in the sand.  I love them all (even crusty old Thomas).  If you are even in Pierrre, stay at the Kings' Inn.  Very nicely renovated and great service  They take great care of my brother when he has to go on business.



On Friday, we saw the awesome Dr.K--who is as nice as Dr. M here in Milwaukee (and both Drs. S, the surgeons), and my liver doc at home Dr. E.   Dr. K said it shouldn't be too much longer.  I hope it isn't.  We're all bored, and want to get back home to our lives.

Pastor Liz, we all hope your installation service was wonderful.  You had a beautiful, sunny day for it  We hope all is well with you and Nick.  Best wishes to you and the congregation!

0 comments:

Post a Comment