Friday, September 7, 2012

We need a medic!

I will admit that I am slightly obsessed about my garden.  Even when I haven't felt quite up to par, or had my arm in a sling, everything got watered.  I currently have a good number of inappropriately shaped cucumbers!  Very odd.

I also have 6 tomato plants in 5 varieties. The Roma plants are producing well, and the cherry tomatoes are going crazy.  There are 41 little tomatoes on the cherry tomato plant.  Hopefully they will all start turning red.  A few are getting to be an orange-hued green,  In the wind last weekend, one of the vines (on which a tomato and several blossoms were residing) got bent and nearly broke off.  I didn't want to lose the tomato, so I decided to see if I could save the vine and the tomato.  So I wrapped it with white cotton sports wrap and taped it with white paper tape, then tied it a stake for support.  After several days, it looks fantastic!  See--pretty ingenious, right?



Now if only the frost will hold off until the tomatoes and peppers have produced enough to earn their keep in watering.  Otherwise, it's going to be just cucumbers next year, and herbs in the raised planters.  I had a dream a couple nights ago that it had snowed overnight.  Yet the snow didn't hurt the tomatoes.  And I didn't even eat anything weird before going to bed that night.  Weird!  Normally I just have pretty normal dreams, and don't even really remember them.  But every now and then there is an odd doozie.

Now out to harvest herbs before I go to work for the day.  Hoping that today goes smoothly.  Please . . . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment