Thursday, January 5, 2012

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

No, I haven't developed a strange need to watch old episodes of Mr. Rogers, or to wear a cardigan.  Today is January 5, normally a very cold time for us.  But with the unseasonably warm weather we've been having, it hit 70 degrees today.  I can personally verify at least 68 since I saw that on the thermometer at the bank across the street from my office.  After work I went to the grocery store and picked up what turned out to be bad turkey.  Oh, the joys of stomach cramps from food poisoning.  When I left there, I noticed that the sky was the most amazing shades of gold, orange, pink, and purple.  So I parked at the boat access to the channel across the street from my apartment.  I took several pictures of the sunset over the Missouri River.  The photos don't do it justice.  It was just absolutely beautiful.  There were lot of people walking down by the river and taking the same photos.  On a day like today, you just have to!

This almost looks more like a coastal view than the Midwest in January!

I also have another picture of Shiloh, the psycho puppy.  He got a new bone for Christmas.  This one is very lightweight, so he likes to toss it in the air and catch it.

Shiloh doing what he does best.  Resting, sleeping, and protecting his
bone--all from under the leg rest on dad's chair.


0 comments:

Post a Comment