Sunday, January 11, 2015

Still Here

Yes, I'm still waiting for my new liver.  No activity from Milwaukee, and the doctor is kind of giving up on them.  So on to Omaha where they think I will have a better chance getting transplanted at a lower MELD.  I had to change insurance companies to be listed in two places.  Now just waiting for the schedule to go down to Omaha for testing.  They are accepting most of my test results, but I have to do blood work, have an ultrasound of my abdomen, and meet with their doctors.  Hopefully it will improve my chances.

Now my MELD is 24 and I continue to keep up with the paracentesis every two to three weeks.  I have stopped keeping track of the total amount of fluid removed since it was too depressing.  I have very little appetite most days and have trouble drinking all my fluids.  I've had a random virus for the last week, causing all sorts of issues.  Not fun.  Plus I'm having a lot of trouble with sleeping well.  At least I haven't been in the hospital since September when I had a reaction to my flu shot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment